Free Masterclass: Streamlined Energy and Carbon Reporting
Mandatory Streamlined Energy and Carbon Reporting (SECR) came into force on 1st April 2019, and an estimated 11,900 large organisations now have new obligations for reporting their energy use and carbon emissions.
The energy compliance experts at BiU are running a series of SECR Training Masterclasses this Autumn, to bring businesses up to speed with the new legislation. The formal, CPD accredited events will also give companies insight into how to turn compliance into profit.
Guest speakers from the Freight Transport Association, Aimteq and Energy Ace will also be joining BiU to offer advice as part of the masterclass.
- CPD points. A digital certificate will be issued the week following the event.
- You’ll learn all about SECR, what it is, how it is designed to help reduce your energy consumption and when and how to report on it ready for your financial accounting.
- You’ll then gain information and insight aimed at your compliance and energy savings needs to improve bottom-line figures and help achieve corporate sustainability/responsibility goals.
- You’ll see how software can help ease the reporting process and de-risk mandatory/auditable reporting.
- Each delegate will receive a takeaway pack with key dates and compliance checklist and how to achieve your next steps for developing your Smart Compliance program.
Who’s the event aimed at?
- Representatives from companies that are required to report under the SECR mandatory compliance scheme.
- Energy and Environmental managers that are looking to reduce their energy and carbon emissions.
- Financial Directors and/or Directors that will be required to sign-off their annual accounts (which under SECR are required to disclose their Energy and Carbon SECR Report)
Where and when:
SECR Training Masterclasses are taking place in London, Birmingham and Manchester throughout the Autumn:
- London: Thursday, 26th September at the British library. Choose the morning or afternoon masterclass.
- Manchester: Thursday, 10th October at the Chill Factore. Choose the morning or afternoon masterclass.
- Birmingham: Thursday, 24th October at the National Conference Centre. Choose the morning or afternoon masterclass.
- London: Thursday 14th November at the British Library. Choose the morning or afternoon masterclass.
View the full list of events, or contact BiU for more information on SECRmasterclass@biu.com.