ESOS: Can we just fill the form in and send it off to our Compliance Agency?

If you are taking the energy audit route then, the answer is no. In order to complete the ESOS energy audits you will need to appoint a Lead Assessor, who will need to be a member of an approved professional body.  You can find the list of approved professional bodies here. You can choose to train up a member of staff to be an accredited lead assessor or you can buy this service in from an external organisation.

In ESOS Phase 1, 97% of compliant organisations used the services of an external Lead Assessor.